300g of Kissane’s Black Pudding
1 medium onion finely diced
1 red apple unpeeled, cored and diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs – sage, parsley and thyme are ideal but dried herbs work equally well
Recipe courtesy of
- In a heavy based pot melt the butter over a medium heat
- Soften the onion for a few minutes and stir in the herbs
- Crumble in the Black Pudding and fry gently for a further 2 minutes
- Remove from the heat and stir through the breadcrumbs, taking care not to overmix as you don’t want break up the Pudding too much.
- Keep warm and serve alongside your roast or alternatively use it to stuff the meat before cooking.